DETAILS OF THE JOB:
We are looking for freelance contributors to write the content of SHOUT. A contributing writer will be required to regularly pitch new ideas for feature articles, and write the ones that are approved within the assigned deadline. Pay will scale on the length and nature of the article, should it get published. Contributors will be required to attend weekly meetings at The Daily Star Centre, for briefing and idea generation (we know it's in Farmgate, you'll just have to deal with it). Occasional (volunteer) assignments will require travel, and they pay accordingly. Most of your work can be done at home.
WE PARTICULARLY WANT WRITERS SKILLED IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. Event coverage
2. Tech writing
3. Games journalism
4. Pop culture criticism (e.g. music, anime, TV, etc.)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
1. All submissions must be attached as separate doc files.
2. Maximum 3 submissions per applicant [1 fiction piece max].
4. Email the aforementioned documents to email@example.com
1. A relevant headline. Be creative, but make the subject clear.
2. Your byline, i.e. your name, below the headline.
3. Thorough proofreading. Grammar, spelling and factual errors
are a no.
We are looking for writers. Not just interesting content or technically-competent pieces. Choose the articles in your application package with the intention of showcasing yourself as an individual. Avoid generic stuff like stories about rain, articles about how phones are alienating us from society, and Paulo Coelho reviews. Think different.
We want someone who stands out from the crowd, who can produce quality content consistently and punctually, and can travel to Farmgate weekly.
Write to us. Farmgate needs you.