Man dies after getting trapped in cinema hall seat | The Daily Star
05:59 PM, March 21, 2018 / LAST MODIFIED: 07:21 PM, March 21, 2018

Man dies after getting trapped in cinema hall seat

A man has died in a Birmingham’s cinema hall after his head became wedged under the electronic footrest with a seat, reports the BBC.

Operator Vue International said an investigation at its Birmingham Star City venue was under way.

The BBC further reported that the man died on Friday -- one week after the incident.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said it was called to reports of a patient in cardiac arrest and crews managed to restart his heart before taking him to hospital.

The Birmingham Mail reported it happened after the man bent down to retrieve a phone dropped between Gold Class seats at the end of a film.

He was only freed, it said, when the footrest was broken by those trying to help.

The website for Star City - the entertainment complex at which the cinema is based - describes Gold Class as offering "luxury seating".

In a statement, Vue International confirmed that a customer was taken to hospital on Friday and was "saddened" to learn of his death.

It said: "A full investigation into the nature of the incident is ongoing. Our thoughts and condolences are with the family who has our full support and assistance."

Related Topics

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone and Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News