Feeling down? Try eating some of these foods, which are loaded with nutrients that may help you feel happier.
1. Legumes deliver all-day energy. The magnesium in beans, peas and peanuts keep you powered up.
2. Walnuts are a happy snack. This super food is a top dietary source of serotonin, a brain chemical that helps you feel content.
3. Coffee perks you up! Drinking two cups of coffee cuts the risk of depression.
4. Fat can feel great. Omega-3 foods like salmon, tuna and avocado protect against mood disorders.
5. Turmeric fights the blues. It contains curcumin, which has natural antidepressant qualities.
6. Spinach is a bright idea to fix your mood. Dark greens like spinach pack folate, a B vitamin shown to ward off bad moods.
7. Chicken keeps you calm. Our bodies need the tryptophan in poultry and eggs to pump out feel-good serotonin.