Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB) Medical Technologist Society recently organised a press conference in the national press club demanding the provision of medical technologists passing from the BTEB in applying government jobs.
The nursing council and pharmacy councils are entitled to provide only professional licenses for those diplomas. The councils are providing academic certificates for the medical technologists ignoring the law that only BTEB is the authority to provide them, according to the press conference.
The medical technologists urged following five demands:
1. Equal rights in government jobs
2. Nursing council to provide professional license
3. Pharmacy council to provide professional license
4. Academic certificates to be provided by BTEB
5. All the universities to offer Bachelors in health technology