Two garment workers of the district died after taking homemade 'sex stimulating' halua.
The deceased were Motaleb Miah, 28, and Zillur Sheikh, 30, of Dhublia village in Bhuapur upazila.
Two more people -- Shamim Miah, 25, of the same village, and Farid Uddin, 30, of Patuakhali -- who also took the 'halua' are undergoing treatment at Enam Medical College Hospital in Savar.
Mojibor Rahman, member of Falda Union Parishad (UP), said the four worked at different garment factories in Ashulia area of Savar. They used to live at a rented house in the area.
Deceased Motaleb's elder brother Nasir Uddin, 50, also a garment worker living in the same house, used to take homemade sex stimulating halua due to his old age, he said.
When Nasir went out of the house on Wednesday evening, the four took the 'halua' and fell sick, said the UP member.
They were rushed to the hospital where Motaleb and Zillur died yesterday, he said.
Our Savar correspondent quoting a doctor of the hospital said the duo died after having the sex stimulating 'halua'.