2 burnt dead as house catches fire | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, March 02, 2018 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:21 AM, March 02, 2018

2 burnt dead as house catches fire

A teenage boy and his nephew were burnt dead when their house caught fire at Bhomraghona village in Eidgaon upazila of Cox's Bazar early Wednesday.

The dead were Abdullah, 15, and his nephew Md Shahriar, 8.  They were sleeping when the house caught fire.

Abdullah, son of late Moktar Ahmed, was a student of Class IX at Napitkhali High School.  Shahriar, son of Eidgaon police investigation centre official Minhaj Mahamud Bhuiyan, was a student of Class II at Gomatoli Government Primary School. 

The fire incident occurred at the house of Abdullah's elder sister.  The fire originated from a mosquito coil around 3:00am in the house of Abdullah's brother-in-law Rashid Ahmed.

Three houses were gutted by the fire.

On an appeal from their family the bodies were buried without post mortem after the district magistrate gave permission to that effect.

The district administration gave Tk 10,000 to each affected family. The administration has assured further administrative support to the families, said Cox's Bazar Sadar Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) Md Noman Hossain.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone and Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top