ICT sets Apr 12 for pressing charge | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, March 16, 2018 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, March 16, 2018

Rajshahi War Crimes Accused

ICT sets Apr 12 for pressing charge

The International Crimes Tribunal-1 yesterday set April 12 for the prosecution to press charge, if any, against a Rajshahi man against whom a case was filed over his alleged war crimes during the Liberation War in 1971.

Yesterday, on the date that was set previously for filing a report in the case, the tribunal accepted Prosecutor Zahid Imam's prayer for one month's time to prepare formal charge in the case. 

The accused, Puthia resident Jamaat-e-Islami activist Abdus Samad Musa, 61, is now in jail. He was arrested on January 24 last year.

The investigation agency of the tribunal on January 14 completed probe into the case and said to have found evidence against Musa over wartime crimes.

Musa was “involved” in the killings of 15 people, abduction and torture of 21 people and looting and arson in Puthia and Durgapur upazilas of the district, the agency said.

Musa went into hiding, most probably in India, after the war. He returned to Bangladesh after the political changeover in 1975, it said.

A senior investigator said Musa tried to conceal his real age and even gave false information about his children's age in a bid to evade the war crime allegations.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone and Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top