Five of a family burnt in fire | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, February 16, 2018 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, February 16, 2018

Five of a family burnt in fire

Five members of a family were burnt in a fire at Maniknagar in the capital's Mugda early yesterday.

The injured were admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital. Four of them are in critical condition, said Partha Sankar Paul, residential surgeon of the burnt unit at DMCH.

The injured are--Shifor Ali, 50, a fish trader, his children Tanjila Akter, 21, Al-Amin, 19, and Murad, 12, and their relative Rony, 19.

The fire originated from an electric short circuit in a room of their residence, Mahfus Riben, a duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence told The Daily Star.

The fire was doused before arrival of the fire fighters, he added.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone and Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top